Hosted Desktop Demo
Is your company considering moving away from traditional desktops and the inherent problems they bring to a more flexible and cost-effective alternative?
Offsite Servers typically works with forward thinking businesses that are looking to expand, reduce costs or both.
Let me ask you:
- Would you and your employees like to be able to access data and applications anywhere through any internet connected device whether it is a desktop, laptop, thin client, tablet or smartphone?
- Would your sales team find it useful when pitching to prospects to have the most up-to-date data and software to best showcase your products or services?
- Have you ever been frustrated by not being able to access your data or the application you need?
If so then a hosted desktop solution might be just what you have been looking for.
Hosted desktops offer a range of benefits. For example, by using thin clients rather than traditional desktops you can greatly reduce the investment required in buying new PCs while simplifying and saving on IT security and software updates.
However, most business owners and computer users do not have a complete understanding of what a hosted desktop is, the processes it requires and how it can benefit both the user and the business.
A hosted desktop is also known as a hosted virtual desktop. It is a virtual machine that hosts the operating system, applications, data and other system configurations of a physical desktop. A hosted desktop provides similar functionality and capabilities as a physical desktop. It can be accessed through a client browser connected to the internet. All of the data and functionality is held on a remote server such as a Hosted Windows Server.
The best way to find out more about hosted desktop services and solutions and how they can benefit your business is to take advantage of one of our free hosted desktop demos.
During this demo, we will show you how to:
- Install our file application for desktop hosting
- Securely login to your desktop hosting provider (for example your Hosted Windows Server that we manage on your behalf)
- Choose from the list of applications present in your administrator account that you want to make available to a hosted desktop
- Launch your desktop
- Load your desktop with the required software and applications
- Access your programs through your desktop’s start menu or search box
- Launch single applications. There will be times when a user wants to load a single application; not the entire desktop. We will show you how you can do this quickly and easily.
You don’t need to worry about accessing data as desktop virtualisation allows you to maintain access to local drives, networked printers, and shared drives. This is true even when just a single application is loaded.
You will discover during the demo that:
- You have the same experience using your hosted desktop as you do with a traditional PC
- Applications work the same as your desktop PC
- Performance levels are similar (or event better) to those of your desktop PC, even over wireless broadband
There are many business benefits you can realise using hosted desktop solutions ranging from reduced costs and energy consumption to improved efficiency and mobile working.
Request a demo today on 0121 270 6591 and find out how this exciting technology can help support and expand your business while reducing your IT costs