It never seems to surprise me when we have new clients join us who are using POP3 based email.
People then surprise me when they say it works so they don’t care… Why change your car, move house, change phone? They work, don’t they?
Some of the downsides of POP3 email:
- Released in 1988, tech has moved on!
- It’s still the same technology from 1988
- It’s not secure
- Sync across different devices is hard
- Can’t backup to 3rd parties
- Easy to spam to…
- Easy to spam from… (whose using your email?)
- All messages stored locally… local device breaks
- Easy to hack as text-based
If you have POP3 email, have a chat to us to see how we can bring you into modern times…
Check out another post by us comparing Exchange and IMAP email here.