Many small business owners opt to use an email service provided by their website designer/hosting provider, rather than Exchange. There are limitations by taking this option.
- Small mailbox (usually around 2gb)
- Data is stored on the device
- Time-consuming, complicated setup process
- Unable to sync with mobiles easily
Exchange does exactly the opposite
- Keeps a full copy on the server up to around 99GB depending on the subscription
- Fast setup on new devices
- Full sync of mail, contacts, calendars and tasks
The other advantage is you can opt to backup to third-party servers.
Click here to find out more about hosted Exchange servers.